Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[MacBook Air 11-inch, mid-2011]battery drains when I am not using

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

My battery drains down to 1% when Im not using this computer (I turn off the computer, not sleep mode)

and it won't turn on because its out of power

I rarely used it without AC power

My only solution is to change the battery?

Can I change the battery?

thanks

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 11:11 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2015 12:15 AM in response to kwiiihan

Do you mean that your macbook battery lose charge by 1% when completely shutdown...?? If thats the case , then try to do a SMC or else a NVRAM reset.

Or do you really mean that you drain your macbook battery all the way to 1% and let it die. If you are doing this everyday then you are simply kiling your macbook battery. Do you know that the biggest fiercest enemy of macbook battery is a DEEP BATTERY DISCHARGE. Never ever do that to your macbook battery. Always drain your macbook battery to the level of 60% of the full charge and again charge it back to full only once or twice a month. Whenever possible try to keep your macbook connected to an AC source to save the valuable charge cycles. Don’t worry about your macbook battery getting overcharged because it won’t overcharge.

Hope this helps.....

Apr 27, 2015 6:21 AM in response to kwiiihan

kwiiihan wrote:

I rarely used it without AC power

That will accelerate a battery's eventual demise. To replace your MBA's battery read https://www.apple.com/batteries/service-and-recycling/

Mac batteries are specifically designed to be used, not obsessed over. An abundance of misinformation continues to be posted on this site. Accurate information can be found here: https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

[MacBook Air 11-inch, mid-2011]battery drains when I am not using

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.