Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Television Show Sorting Problem on iPhone

I am having a problem organizing my iTunes library and using Apple Home Sharing on my iPhone 5s. Using home sharing on my iPhone results in the television shows that I digitized from DVD to meld together by season. So, all television programmes are jumbled together in seasons 1, 2, etc. The television shows that I purchased from the iTunes Store do not have this problem. My Apple TV is not having a problem sorting the television shows by programme; the sorting issue is only on my iPhone. And, the only difference between my purchased content and my home-digitized content is that the purchased content has album names, but I am unable to set album names for my other content. I tried setting the television show videos as home videos, but I still don't have the option to set an album name. I'm sure iTunes allowed for album names on all media types once upon a time. Is there still a way to do this that I am not seeing? Or, is there a (hopefully not too obnoxious) work around to fix the sorting issue on my iPhone?

I am using iTunes 12.1.0.50, but I am running the update for 12.1.2. The only change that I can see that might help is the grouping field, but who knows. Thanks for any suggestions.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 12:06 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes Television Show Sorting Problem on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.