Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts/Music won't download over Wifi to phone

Hey guys,

I'm currently using an iPhone 6 64GB, iOS 8.3 with Podcasts 2.2.1 and the Music app using iTunes Match.

I tried searching for people with similar issues and none of them seem to have been resolved so I thought I'd raise the question again.

I've recently been unable to download both podcasts and songs/albums to my phone over wifi. Selecting songs/albums to download and the cloud icon changes and gets stuck on the stop icon with no evidence of track actually downloading. The same applies to podcasts, they all seem to get stuck at either "waiting" or "preparing to download" and cancelling or pausing and restarting has no effect. Trying over wifi AND mobile data both prove to be fruitless. Some songs did manage to download to my phone but they still show up with the downloading icon.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. If any further details are needed I'm happy to provide them. I'm pretty disillusioned with the podcast app to be honest and if no solutions come to light I won't be hesitating to buy an app to do the job properly.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:32 AM

3 replies

Podcasts/Music won't download over Wifi to phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.