Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I created gb instruments on my laptop, I now want them on my desktop but in what library folder should they sit to use in Yosemite GB?nnnnnnnnn

I Created new instruments on my laptop in gB. I want to use same on my desktop with Yosemite. Where should these be installed??? Also, when I install the gb instruments discs in YosemitE they don't all show up inside gb. I have all the go instrument discs. Any suggestions why these all don't install correctly?

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 12:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:55 AM

Which version of GarageBand are you using in Yosemite? GarageBand 6.0.5 or GarageBand 10.0?

Install the instruments on your desktop computer in exactly the same folder where they are on your laptop. If you save an instrument, it will be saved in your user library:

/Users/your_short_username/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/

Copy that folder to the corresponding folder on your desktop computer.

Also, when I install the gb instruments discs in YosemitE they don't all show up inside gb.

I don't know the sound collection you are using. Not all plug-ins are compatible with GarageBand 10, check with the manufacturer of the package.

GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 2:55 AM in response to newyorktrumpet

Which version of GarageBand are you using in Yosemite? GarageBand 6.0.5 or GarageBand 10.0?

Install the instruments on your desktop computer in exactly the same folder where they are on your laptop. If you save an instrument, it will be saved in your user library:

/Users/your_short_username/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library/

Copy that folder to the corresponding folder on your desktop computer.

Also, when I install the gb instruments discs in YosemitE they don't all show up inside gb.

I don't know the sound collection you are using. Not all plug-ins are compatible with GarageBand 10, check with the manufacturer of the package.

GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unexpected behavior with Audio Units plug-ins

I created gb instruments on my laptop, I now want them on my desktop but in what library folder should they sit to use in Yosemite GB?nnnnnnnnn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.