Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Language Setting Problem.

Hello. I need your help.

I've just accidentally set my iPhone language into some strange language (Japanese or Chinese I'm not sure). I've looked for ways to set it back, but when I tried to access the language setting I was returned to the homescreen. I also cannot use Safari or Chrome (I was returned to the homescreen when I pressed the apps' icon). Can somebody help me fix this? Thank you.

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:11 AM

Try to reset your device settings. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.
4 replies

Apr 27, 2015 5:18 AM in response to tranluu97

Go to Settings > General, then go to the 13th item under the General heading, and tap on it; then

Tap on the 1st item under that; then

Tap the 2nd item under that; then

Tap on the blue text in the top right-hand corner; then

Tap on the pop-up window at the bottom of the screen, select the top blue item, not the one below it!

Your phone will reset the language (with a black screen for 30 long seconds) and reopen in English

Yay!

PS: I hope this works on your iPhone 3GS, as I wrote the steps down for you from an iPhone 5

Language Setting Problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.