Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong country shown in FindMyIPhone

Hi,

Whenever my kids are outside our own home, their iPad Air (IOS 8.3) are showing the wrong location. We're in Denmark but according to "Find My iPhone" the tablets are located in The Netherlands. Always the same wrong location in The Netherlands. This is a location that is 30 seconds old (we have never been to that country).

At home it works correct. Both iPads are Wifi only.

I have tried to contact Apple support and I've sent them a diagnostics file of some sort. But I have no real reference to this support case and I have never heard anything back (over 1 month ago). So I turn to this forum,..

What could cause this, and how to fix?

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:48 AM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2015 11:17 AM in response to Courcoul

All true - but there are two issues with this:

1. The iPad does have Wifi at the school.
  2. Why does it default to the same Dutch address?

More on issue 2:

We have never been to The Netherlands some 600 miles away from where the iPad really is located. Also notice that the Location Services does not estimate the location - it clearly shows the location in that foreign town and as 100% online!

The only thing I can think of is that the school is connecting to some Dutch ISP and therefore giving this behaviour. But I know this is not the fact...The only "non-Danish" about the School Wifi connection is that they are using Google DNS servers in their DHCP package...

Weird.

Wrong country shown in FindMyIPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.