Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't import project from older version

I can't import project into a newer version of final cut as the project is whited out.and when i do get around it the error says:

The document "CurrentVersion.fcpevent" could not be opened Final cut pro cannot open files in the "final cut pro event" format.

I'm working in 10.0 and trying to open on another computer in 10.1.4

Any ideas would be great.

thanks

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:36 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 3:56 AM in response to izzy1984

10.0 and 10.1.4 are very different, but in neither of the the procedure included "opening" such files.

In 10.0, you simply let the content be in the designated locations and the program would find it.

In 10.1 and beyond, projects and events reside in libraries, which are now like regular FCP X "documents" thare are opened and closed in the common way documents usually are.

To use older material, you need to update it. This is done by letting the stuff in its original locations, starting FCP X and doing File->Update Projects and Events... This creates a new library with your old material.

can't import project from older version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.