Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exported stills appear white/blank?!

Hi everyone. I've been trying and failing to export stills from FCPX. I have followed all the usual steps of Share File > Save Current Frame etc. The still seems to export and save in the correct location. But the still itself is simply a white or blank image. I have tried exporting in different formats including JPEG, PNG, TIFF and even saving as a Photoshop file in the hope of then saving it as a JPEG from within Photoshop. I have tried positioning the selected image in the Project timeline area and in the Event clips area. Nothing works. Has anyone encountered this problem before? I'm working with RED footage, if that's relevant/helpful. Very keen to solve this problem, as I need to sent out stills asap for the next stage of marketing, etc. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:39 AM

5 replies

Apr 28, 2015 6:48 AM in response to Russ H

I've now discovered that stills from my other projects that aren't using RED footage work absolutely fine. So it seems to be an issue with the RED workflow. I'm definitely not editing with native files because my computer wouldn't be able to take that in terms of RAM - so it must be optimized or proxy, although there strangely isn't the option for 'Use proxy media' or 'Use original or optimized media' in Preferences > Playback so it's hard to tell which...

I using FCPX 10.1.4 and I'm on OS X 10.9.5. Does that help?

Apr 28, 2015 6:49 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I've now discovered that stills from my other projects that aren't using RED footage work absolutely fine. So it seems to be an issue with the RED workflow. I'm definitely not editing with native files because my computer wouldn't be able to take that in terms of RAM - so it must be optimized or proxy, although there strangely isn't the option for 'Use proxy media' or 'Use original or optimized media' in Preferences > Playback so it's hard to tell which. But for sure not using native files.

I using FCPX 10.1.4 and I'm on OS X 10.9.5. Does that help?

Apr 28, 2015 7:10 AM in response to ChloeHBW

Unfortunately I can't test this on that combination of system and application versions.

Select one of your clips n the Browser. Click the info tab in the Inspector. Under Available Media Representations If there is a green dot to the left of Optimized, it means your project is using the Pro Res version (in this case it's 4444). As for Proxy, you would have to purposely switch to Proxy in Viewer Options,

User uploaded file

Russ

Exported stills appear white/blank?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.