Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to restore to factory settings

I Need to restore to factory settings,i have to much storage somewhere,so i backed up now i need to know how to restore to factory.

iPad, iOS 8.3, Need restore to factory

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:50 AM

Hi. You may find all necessary info in this Apple Support article:Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

5 replies

Apr 27, 2015 5:02 AM in response to rossboop

Go to Settings/General/ Reset and tap on Erase All Content and Settings.

You’ll then be asked if you want to continue; after the confirmation, your iPad will reset and the Apple logo together with a loading bar will appear on screen.

Upon the start up, ALL Content, apps, music, photos, and personal account information will be erased from the iPad . And you’ll need to set up the device from scratch (choosing language, Apple ID, etc.).

Apr 27, 2015 6:52 AM in response to rossboop

If you have too much content on your iPad, restoring your backup may just put you right back where you started. You may end up with too much on the iPad again. On the other hand, erasing the device and the settings, might allow for a clean download of everything and it may clear up a little more space for you

What you should do is go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage and see what the big storage hogs are that are taking up all of the space on your iPad. You can tap on an item or an app and then delete it in the next screen if you choose to do so. Songs, albums, movies, TV shows, can take up a fair amount of storage and maybe simply removing a movie will give you back a decent amount of space.

I need to restore to factory settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.