Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My photos are full screen on my iPad but when mirrored onto the Apple TV they ar not full screen. Any ideas?

Photos do not show in full screen when mirrored onto TV but do on my iPad.

I am using an iPad Air (not the most recent model) with the latest iOS version. The photos are on a network drive (WDMyCloud) and show fine on the iPad screen but are always smaller than full screen on my TV. I have a Panasonic HD Plasma TV (not a smart TV) and the setup of the Apple TV seems to be as in the manual. I am using Aiplay to mirror the images. Videos also are not full screen when mirrored but seem to be so when I use youtube etc directly from the Apple TV menu. I am very disppointed as this is the main reason I bought the Apple TV last week. Not really interested in all the films and TV channels as I have Sky anyway. Is there something wrong with how I have set this up? I am not an Apple user as such - only Apple hardware is the iPad Air purchased last year and the Apple TV 3rd gen purchased this week and an old Classic iPod.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:36 PM

The iPad is 4:3, not 16:9. Mirrored iPad pictures will have black bars on a wide screen tv. Your tv might have the option to use the tv controls to force the picture to full screen, but then everything will be stretched out, i. e. circles become ovals.

Have a nice day.

2 replies

My photos are full screen on my iPad but when mirrored onto the Apple TV they ar not full screen. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.