Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to remove unwanted programme

I have a number of apps on my dock, one of which is ‘Sky Sports Football’. When I booted up this morning, it has suddenly appeared on my desktop and refuses to go away. There isn’t a ‘delete’ and I’ve tried re-booting and it still comes back up. I have gone into the dock and tried from there but, again, it has no affect on this ‘rogue’. Could you please help me to remove this from my desktop? I assume it must have somehow gotten into my start-up, but I’m not sure how to proceed. Thanks so much.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 15”

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:24 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2015 9:01 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Yeah, that didn’t work either but I have managed to delete it. I will explain how in case it helps someone else. I had my dashboard as an overlay. I changed it to ‘space’ option, then when I went to the dashboard, I clicked the ➖ button for deleting apps. Although the Sky Sports app didn’t appear, a rogue ✖ appeared and I clicked on that. That then immediately deleted the Sky Sports app on my desktop. Have no idea why, but thankful it didn’t persist. Thanks for your time; really appreciated.

how to remove unwanted programme

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.