Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Placing the Tempo symbol as global text in the header space

Is it possible to place the tempo symbol as global text in the header so that it is only necessary to enter it once for it to display and print in all the region headers. At present I am entering the symbol on the staff and then moving it up into the headers space. However doing this doesn't turn it into global object.

This means that I have to enter this on every region of the project.

Normal practice on band parts is to indicate the tempo in the header space.

I can achieve this manually by creating a text object using a font containing musical notes but the neatest method would be to use the tempo symbol in the header space

Swingtones

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3), using Logic Pro X 10.0.1.0

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:41 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 8:26 AM in response to Swingtones

The Tempo Symbol, like a Note Symbol or other phrasing, has to be attached to a staff, which the Header doesn't have. The Header is a special non-staff area, reserved only for mostly text objects. So the answer is, No.

You can use the workaround you describe, however, this is a static text. The beauty about the Tempo Symbol is that it is automatically displaying the current Tempo from the Tempo Track.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Apr 27, 2015 11:32 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Hi Edgar,

Thanks for your input. I thought that was the situation.

I guess I'll just go with my work around. It's no problem to set it up when I have selected a suitable font. I can read the tempo from the control bar and as long as I enter that correctly, there is no problem. Once I have entered it into one region at least I'll know it will appear in all the printed parts.

regards

Swingtones

Placing the Tempo symbol as global text in the header space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.