Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgot what email address my icloud was based on

Hi,

i forgot my icloud email address my phone currently is linked to. i have been using this phone since months and never logged into icloud. i don't even remember when i activated icloud on it. now a few days ago, i removed sim card i have using since months and inserted another sim card to call someone. iphone started asking for activation. it is showing a******@gmail.com text. i have an email starting with this letter but when i logged into it, it is showing no devices linked to it. what should i do? is there a way to know the complete email the phone is linked to? please help.. this phone is useless for me.. i am able to receive calls on old sim but no outgoing.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:33 AM

3 replies

May 2, 2015 4:29 AM in response to adeelk1986

The only path is to follow the link I gave you. Fill in the form with your name and your current email address. Apple will contact you and you will probably be asked to provide further identification.

All this assumes that the phone was bought new and that you set up the address it's asking for. On the other hand if it was bought second-hand (used) and has been Activation Locked by the previous owner then only he can unlock it. If you cannot contact him to get him to do that then the phone is permanently useless. Apple cannot unlock it for you. As I said, this does not apply if you bought the phone new.

forgot what email address my icloud was based on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.