Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage using my email not my phone number HELP

Does anyone else have this problem and if so what is the solution? I have an iPhone 6 and when I turn on iMessages it activates; uses my phone number then switches to my Apple ID; which is an email address. HOW do I get it to just use my phone number?

There is a section called "send and Receive" and it has my phone number and my email address checked. but the phone number is "grayed". I try and delete the email address and it will not allow it to be removed.

Also in that section "start new conversations from": my phone # is checked -- however it sends from my email.

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 7:16 AM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2015 6:46 AM in response to Wyogal

Hi Wyogal,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you want to send/receive messages to your phone number only. You have found the correct settings to change to affect this. Your phone number is grayed out because it is on your phone. If you don't want to receive messages via your email, uncheck it in the list and you will only receive via the checked options. Same with the "Start new conversations from". For more information, see this article:

iOS and OS X: Link your phone number and Apple ID for use with FaceTime and iMessage - Apple Support

Regards,
Jeff D.

iMessage using my email not my phone number HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.