Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung SSD life on MBP 13"

So I installed a 120gb Samsung Evo SSD in my MBP 13" early 2011 make, about a year ago in July 2014. Now accidently today I just checked with some application called DriveDX the health of my SSD. It says 75%. Is it a worry time? Should I get it replaced? How did this happen? How much time am I left with? Was I using it in a wrong manner? What should I do?

User uploaded file

Screenshot link : http://imageshack.com/a/img673/5609/X2qnnI.png

Macbook pro 13"

Early 2011

Mac OS10.3

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Early 2011

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:54 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 10:45 AM in response to SkrillexFan

In your screen shot, you'll note the connection between the Lifetime left indicator and the Wear Leveling count. SSDs are different from HDs in the way they operate and because the cells in which data is written have a finite life, data writing has to be spread over the available cells to even wear.

TRIM can contribute to successful wear leveling as well as performance. If you check out this discussion of SSDs vs TRIM, with special attention to the graph and the results for your 840 EVO, you'll see the difference it makes. At the same time, there is a risk to enabling TRIM for third party SSDs which didn't exist prior to Yosemite.

So you haven't been doing anything wrong, but it'll be risky to do all that's needed to make things better.

Samsung SSD life on MBP 13"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.