Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather in notification centre in iPad air 2

HHi recently I bought iPad air 2. Today while I was setting up my iPad, it asked whether to show weather in my notification bar. But. By mistake, I have selected don't show. Please someone help me on how to get the weather in my notification.

thank you

siddarth

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 7:07 AM

9 replies

Apr 27, 2015 7:28 AM in response to rsidd1111

The weather report is built in and it is part of the Today Summary feature.

Pull down on the screen to get to the Notification Center. Tap on the Edit bar. You should see something like this. Tap on the Green + sign next to Tdy Summary. Tap Done in the upper right. You should see the weather now in the notification screen.

User uploaded file

You can add and remove items from the Notification screen in the same manner described above.

Apr 27, 2015 8:04 AM in response to rsidd1111

You should not need a weather app in order for this to work. The information is drawn from the weather channle, but you don't need to have the app in order to get the weather.

Check this as well. Settings>Privacy>Location Serives>On>Weather>Always. Then check again. If it still doesn't show, try a reset. Hold down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen.

Weather in notification centre in iPad air 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.