Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos library upload stuck/slow/stuck again...?

Hi all,

I downloaded / upgraded to Photos about week and a half ago. I've been looking forward to geting the update and to finally get my whole iPhoto library uploaded and properly synced up with iCloud. I started immediately converting the library as is the procedure and the the wait started....

Its now becoming a joke, I've read a few threads around here and it seems like a lot of people have similar problems but no one seems to have a genuine solution to the problem. I can understand that the process of uploading 79GB may take time but then it gets stuck and sits there without anything happening.

I have tried restarting, disconnect/connect iCloud, repair the library, removed all videos, consolidated all referenced images, removed all RAW files and rebooted numerous times. I still cant seem to get unstuck.

After my latest repair of the library and a restart its now saying its uploading more files than the library contains....***?

User uploaded file

Anyone got any ideas...?

/Fred

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 5:51 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 12:38 PM in response to figgehedberg

I am having similar issues, since lates OS update. I have spent hours with apple care techs (4 different) and even took mac book pro into Genius Bar. My conclusion: my up load speed is too slow, if I pause the Photo up load to iCloud, in photo preferences, my network connection seems fine. If I keep up loading, going on 4th day, my internet connection gets jammed up and intermittent. I have a 15mbps down load and a 1Mbps up load. One tech support guy suggests buy into a faster up load speed, 2mbps minimun or go into Apple Store and up load library there.

Now i question the wisdom of even using the cloud for my photo library. And if i turn off this preference I get the message that I will loose items on my Mac photo library. What's the deal? Should I really be experiencing this issue affecting all my Apple devices on my network?

macbook pro late 2011(8g memory 2.2GHz i7)

ipad air

iphone 5s

air port extreme

cable modem

Photos library upload stuck/slow/stuck again...?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.