Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast missing release date after import

Hello !

I have re-installed my MacBook this week-end and a glitch in my time machine has deleted my xml itunes library file.

So, I decided to rebuild the library. Music was (almost) fine but when it came to the podcasts, that's an other story.

I imported existing files that I already had in order to not download them again. Some podcasts appear in the podcast section and some in the music section.

That I have solved by changing the "Media Kind" field. Some podcasts feeds were split and that I solved by setting the feed field to the same value for all files...

BUT the problem is, and it seems to be an itunes 12 specialty, once the file has been in the music section, all the tags not associatied with a song are gone.

At least, that's what I found. The release date in particular is missing. Meaning even if I tag the Album and Author and Podcast and Feed field, I'm stuck with podcasts that appear in the good feed but have no date and are then sorted alphabetically ....

I thought of changing the Media Kind tag before importing the files but no other editor than itunes sees that particualr tag...

Any inputs ?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:27 AM

There are no replies.

Podcast missing release date after import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.