Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i fix the first raw/calm

how do i fix the first raw/calm?

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 7:13 AM

7 replies

Apr 29, 2015 4:54 PM in response to t quinn

t, Thanks, I would expect it to work that way, but it doesn't for me. Since you tried it for me in rows instead of columns, I went back and tried to do that with my header rows, and it cuts the header rows (or header columns) down to the new setting but by deleting those entire rows or columns from the table starting with the first row or column. I'm running OSX Lion 10.7.5 on a 13" mid-2007 white Macbook. My Numbers data is iWork '09 v.2.3. None of that should be relevant, but everyone always wants to know. I found and downloaded the pdf of the iWork '08 User's Manual but it isn't at all comprehensive in its coverage of the program and its functions. I thought perhaps you could only make a change like that while in "print" view, or "layout" view, but nothing seems to change for me. Perhaps there is a setting somewhere I have made that prevents this setting from being changed, but I cannot find one. I'm stumped. I've been an avid Apple user since '84, but I'm not well pleased with the diminishing quality in software. Its like Apple is hiring all the laid off MS programmers and incorporating their frustrating ways into Apple products. But thanks for looking into this for me.

Apr 29, 2015 6:47 PM in response to bdphourde

Hi bd,

Numbers 2.3 and Numbers 3 are very different programs. So I went back to '09 and it does "work" the same as you are experiencing. And a vague little, "oh, yeah this seems familiar" floated thru.

What I probably did to workaround this is to copy the lower rows and then Menu>Insert>Copied Rows.

If it is any consolation they did fix this in 3. But then printing layout is not as functional.

quinn

Apr 30, 2015 2:56 AM in response to t quinn

t, Thank you, that is interesting. That means that they decided to fix the bug in the next version but not make it retroactive to 2.3. I assume that v2.3 is as high as I can go with 10.7.5 or I would have been getting "software update" notices. Which means that for me to be able to switch my header columns from 5 back to 3 I only have to buy a new computer. Well that's not asking too much. Would you happen to know if any of the Linux variants will run the Mac Applications?

Apr 30, 2015 9:04 AM in response to bdphourde

Hi bd,

I don't know about Linux running Mac apps. Numbers '09 is an old program as far as that goes. While I remember running into your difficulty with headers it does not take much to compensate for it. It seems in '09 headers are something of themselves and don't move back to body cells. ok. Not a big deal once you know.

There are many people who to this day prefer Numbers '09. You don't have to feel like you are losing out.

quinn

how do i fix the first raw/calm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.