Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air pad 2 prefitted screen protector?

Hello

I've just taken delivery of an Air pad 2 & was about to fit a screen protector ( I had previously fitted one to my original air pad & had one left over)

Before I got to fit the protector I noticed what appeared to be air bubbles on the original screen.

I thought I had a faulty unit but when I looked carefully I noticed what appears to be a screen protector already fitted , I can get a finger nail under it & lift it just like those I've fitted myself.

I can't find any reference anywhere about prefitted screen protectors & would obviously like to know if this is what I have or if there's something wrong with the screen.

The unit was delivered today & is brand new & was in untouched original packaging.

Many thanks

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:42 AM

New devices come with a protective film placed as part of the manufacturing process to protect the device while it gets packaged. Not meant to work as a long-term screen protector, much less give you adequate touch "feel". It also explains why it has bubbles underneath. There should be a tab on an edge for easy removal.

Unless you can see debris underneath causing the bubbles, just peel it off and immediately put your protector on, as it will be perfectly clean beyond what it is possible to achieve easily.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 8:42 AM in response to Waetla

New devices come with a protective film placed as part of the manufacturing process to protect the device while it gets packaged. Not meant to work as a long-term screen protector, much less give you adequate touch "feel". It also explains why it has bubbles underneath. There should be a tab on an edge for easy removal.

Unless you can see debris underneath causing the bubbles, just peel it off and immediately put your protector on, as it will be perfectly clean beyond what it is possible to achieve easily.

Air pad 2 prefitted screen protector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.