Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple won't replace my cracked screen...

HI! So I dropped my iphone 6 and it completely shattered so I went in to the Apple store to get it replaced. The woman was really nice and asked if she could just take my phone to the back to look at something She came back and claimed my iPhone 6 was "bent" however when placed on a flat surface there was no point that was at a different elevation. I might be crazy, but to me, I see absolutely no "bend" and if there is one it's definitely not visible and very minimal. She refused to replace my cracked screen because of said "bend" and said my only option was to buy a whole new one for an extra $100+ which I feel is rediculous. If my phone even was "bent" I believe that's not my fault. I never put my phone in my pockets or put pressure on it to "bend" and even if I did, WHY WOULD APPLE NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A PHONE THAT DOES NOT BEND? ITS 2015. Anyway, I just want to know what other options I may have to fix this screen. It's really irritating and I don't want to go to some sketchy shop and get it fixed incorrectly. Also, opinions on the "bending" because I don't think its the fault of the user.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 7:58 AM

14 replies

Oct 30, 2015 8:16 AM in response to kristelmartinez

I have the same problem with apple service. I am very disappointed with their service. This phone worked perfectly except for the cracked screen. I sent the phone to you to have the broken screen replaced for a cost of $109. I trusted you to only fix the cracked screen and you screwed me over by saying the phone did not work and that I needed a new one. The phone was working perfectly it only had a cracked screen. Do not advertise that you replace cracked screens for $109 for iPhone 6 when clearly you do not do this. You make billions of dollars each year with selling your product and then you choose to be this dishonest about phones sent in for repairs. I will be letting people know how dishonest you are. I am aware that charging me for a new phone was a possibility but since my phone was working perfectly I trusted you to do the correct thing and only replace the cracked screen. I know my phone worked properly so do not try and tell me it did not. I do not live in a city with an apple store so I had to trust you. Your staff are completely dishonest and you should be embarrassed that you have employee like this working for you.

Feb 14, 2016 11:36 PM in response to kristelmartinez

So I scheduled and went to the apple store today for my 4:20 appointment to fix a cracked screen. The first clerk mentioned that they didn't know if they had time to fix my phone today and I waited on a bench for 10 minutes while he went in back. I sat there playing with my phone on the table. Then a second clerk came out and took my phone and came back five minutes later and told me that they couldn't fix my phone because it was bent and that I'd need to pay $299 for a replacment phone instead of $149 for a replacement screen. He set it down on the table camera side down and proceeded to show me how it wobbled. I left ****** that I had just wasted almost two hours of my time and a quarter tank of gas going to the Apple store. It wasn't till I got home and set my phone face down on the table with the camera side up that I realized there is no bend in my phone. They didn't have time to fix my phone today instead of saying hey, we don't have time to fix it they said we can't fix it.

There is a back story on this from that last year, I had the same problem, scheduled an appointment, called ahead even then headed off to the store. Once there, they said they were too busy and pushed my appointment back another 45 minutes. Finally got in with under an hour left before close and they said they couldn't fix it that day either so I had to come back the next day and they'd fix it. After wasting more than two hours of my time that they I convinced them to just do a phone swap for the price of the repair.

I'm doubly ****** now because I have to go back to the Apple Store tomorrow yell at a manager and have them fix my phone which they should do for free for having wasted what will be an additional two hours of my time.

Apple I am so disappointed in your customer service.

Feb 14, 2016 11:46 PM in response to ceesell

ceesell wrote:

So I scheduled and went to the apple store today for my 4:20 appointment to fix a cracked screen. The first clerk mentioned that they didn't know if they had time to fix my phone today and I waited on a bench for 10 minutes while he went in back. I sat there playing with my phone on the table. Then a second clerk came out and took my phone and came back five minutes later and told me that they couldn't fix my phone because it was bent and that I'd need to pay $299 for a replacment phone instead of $149 for a replacement screen. He set it down on the table camera side down and proceeded to show me how it wobbled. I left ****** that I had just wasted almost two hours of my time and a quarter tank of gas going to the Apple store. It wasn't till I got home and set my phone face down on the table with the camera side up that I realized there is no bend in my phone. They didn't have time to fix my phone today instead of saying hey, we don't have time to fix it they said we can't fix it.

There is a back story on this from that last year, I had the same problem, scheduled an appointment, called ahead even then headed off to the store. Once there, they said they were too busy and pushed my appointment back another 45 minutes. Finally got in with under an hour left before close and they said they couldn't fix it that day either so I had to come back the next day and they'd fix it. After wasting more than two hours of my time that they I convinced them to just do a phone swap for the price of the repair.

I'm doubly ****** now because I have to go back to the Apple Store tomorrow yell at a manager and have them fix my phone which they should do for free for having wasted what will be an additional two hours of my time.

Tell Apple Feedback and not us. We are not Apple.

Cheers

Pete

Feb 15, 2016 10:56 AM in response to ceesell

ceesell wrote:

And I'm disappointed in your inability to read and understand the Terms of Use of this forum, which clearly spelled out that Apple doesn't monitor these forums for feedback. This is a user-to-user technical assistance forum. Everyone here is a user just like yourself.

Feb 15, 2016 11:37 AM in response to TJBUSMC1973

You are most likely just a troll but it is just possible that you fail to understand that this is user to user assistance and technical support. By sharing my story with others they may be better prepared when they walk into an Apple Store to have their phone fixed than replaced and be able to save $150.00.

Why chime in if you have nothing constructive to add, oh I see its to make yourself feel smart.

Feb 15, 2016 12:00 PM in response to ceesell

ceesell wrote:

You are most likely just a troll but it is just possible that you fail to understand that this is user to user assistance and technical support. By sharing my story with others they may be better prepared when they walk into an Apple Store to have their phone fixed than replaced and be able to save $150.00.

Why chime in if you have nothing constructive to add, oh I see its to make yourself feel smart.

Yup, Level 5 TROLL (Technically-inclinded Reader & Observer of Limited Liability).

Your post added nothing of value whatsoever. It boiled down to: "Make sure that whoever you is helping you at the Apple Store fully & completely answers your questions and addresses your concerns properly. If they fail to do so, ask for a manager. Don't make the mistake of driving an hour and not taking the right steps to make sure you get proper service. And if this is your second visit in which you've had a problem, make sure that you talk to the manager."

I mean, seriously, you yourself admit you had a negative experience previously... and yet you didn't make sure it didn't happen a second time?

Feb 15, 2016 10:01 PM in response to kristelmartinez

I've had two phones replaced for free due to "bending" on the device housing under the warranty. Granted nothing else was wrong with the phone, but the Apple Store that I went to, the guy never really came right out and said "it's a known issue" but he acted as if he had done it before, and gave me no pushback what-so-ever. The first one was an iPhone 5s that slightly bent near the volume buttons, and the iPhone 6 was the same spot, but the bend was actually causing the display to separate from the housing in the bottom right hand side of the phone. I guess they didn't really have a problem with it because there was no other indication of abuse to the phones, but both times they didn't have a problem with it at all. It was fast and easy and they were super nice about it.

Maybe go back and ask someone else, possibly talk to a manager, I mean I could get it if you weren't paying for anything and trying to get it done for free under the warranty, but I mean if you're paying for the display replacement, I would think they would still do it, but I could see them saying something like ... your phone is slightly bent, so there's no guarantee that this display will last for however long, etc. etc. ya know.

buuttt ... c'est la vie.

AAANNNDDD I posted my response and only just realized how old this post is... but, anyway ... lol

Apple won't replace my cracked screen...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.