Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change my apple id password on my phone for iCloud?

Is there a way to change my password directly on my phone for iCloud? My iPhone says I have not updated my iCloud account. I enter my Apple ID password on the iCloud account - and it is the correct Apple ID password - but my phone still does not register that I have updated my password. I also checked on my iPhone and under settings, I go to iCloud and under my account it only lists 8 digits for the password and my Apple ID password is longer than 8 digits.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 9:13 AM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2015 12:44 PM in response to damaag

I have already changed my apple ID - but when I turn on my iPhone it says that my phone has not been backed up to iCloud. I have of course put in the correct password, locked my phone and plugged it in, but my phone doesn't seem to register that I have inputted the correct password - after I have put in the correct password, my phone still doesn't register and says it is not backed up on iCloud. is there some way to check on my phone what my password is on iCloud?

Apr 27, 2015 1:17 PM in response to minnaqua

You said "I have already changed my apple ID"

Did you rename the Apple ID to a new email address?

If so you need to verify the new address.

or

Did you create a new Apple ID / iCloud account?

or

Is the Apple ID or email address the same for, both iCloud account and iTunes?

If so the password would be the same.

If not, that Apple ID / iCloud account would have it's own password.

How to change my apple id password on my phone for iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.