Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry backside camera

My backside camera won't focus when trying to take a picture. If there is writing in the picture then it is not readable, and everyrhinf is blurry. I've tried cleaning it multiple times, but that didn't do anything. Any suggestions on what to do?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 9:02 AM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2015 7:27 AM in response to Embree_13

Hi Embree_13,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like the camera on the iPhone is blurry. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If your photos are blurred, out of focus, or have dark spots, try these steps:

1. Make sure that the camera lens is clean. If you need to clean the lens, use a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.
  2. Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it.
    With iPhone 6 Plus, a metallic case or magnetic lens could interfere with optical image stabilization. If you have a metallic case or magnetic lens attachment, try taking a picture without it. Then compare the quality.
  3. Adjust the focus by tapping on the person or object in the preview screen. You’ll see the screen pulse or briefly go in and out of focus as the camera adjusts. In photo mode, try to stay steady when adjusting the focus. If you move too far in any direction, the camera will automatically refocus to the center. In video mode, you can adjust the focus before you begin recording.
  4. If the color seems too bright, or you see double-exposures of moving objects, make sure that HDR is set to Auto or Off. Tap HDR at the top of the screen to choose a different setting.

Cheers,

Mario

Blurry backside camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.