Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can up get maverick os

In all of Apples Microsoft-like vision they have decided NOT to allow users to choose which OS they would like to use. As a result Apple no longer supplies OS Mavericks for download on the App Store. VERY non Steve Jobs like but then who really cares what Apples foundational philosophies really stood for anyhow (sarcasm). Ok, enough ranting at the ever Microsoft-like Apple Corp.

Now for the real question. I bought a used Air that has Snow Leopard installed. I want to go to Maverick (NOT Yosemite!!). Can anyone direct me to a third party site where I might obtain a "workable" download of OS Mavericks? I have downloaded two now but upon attempting to install get a dialogue box stating "This is not an acceptable method of installing this OS" and it won't allow me to progress.

Anyone? HELP! since Apple won't!!

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:13 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 8:22 AM in response to twmissmt

Can anyone direct me to a third party site where I might obtain a "workable" download of OS Mavericks? I have downloaded two now but upon attempting to install get a dialogue box stating "This is not an acceptable method of installing this OS" and it won't allow me to progress.

Unfortunately, there are no third party sites with legal authority to offer such a download. They are bootlegged copies and will no work. The only source for Mac OS is the app store and it is no longer being offered by Apple (unless you've downloaded it from there before - you should then find it in your Purchases section).

where can up get maverick os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.