Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac Mini is really slow and sometimes it Safari cannot access web pages

I have a 2009 Mac Mini with 2GHz Duo Core 2 Duo processor, 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 998.97 GB Storage, IOS 10.10.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 8:47 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 11:15 AM in response to Danaevan

If you use iPhoto or Aperture, your photo library will automatically be converted to Photos format, and if you use iCloud Photos, a large amount of data may be uploaded to Apple. That will slow down Internet access for some time.

Launch the Activity Monitor application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

Select All Processes from the View menu, if not already selected, and also select the Network tab.

Click the heading of the Sent Bytes column in the process table to sort the entries by bandwidth usage. You may have to click it twice to get the highest value at the top. What is it, and what is the process?

My Mac Mini is really slow and sometimes it Safari cannot access web pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.