Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 3 update screwing up text/imessages?

since updating to ios 8.3, i'm not getting text messages or imessages consistently. after rebooting, i'll get a slew of messages all at once, but even then, not all of them will come through. sometimes when i click on a message, it never actually loads and freezes in the message app. i have to reboot all the **** time. very frustrating!

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 9:00 AM

1 reply

Apr 30, 2015 7:34 AM in response to coreyleighflea

Hi coreyleighflea,

If you are having issues with your Messages application on your iPhone, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

Get help with hardware features on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

ios 3 update screwing up text/imessages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.