Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange phone calls from +1 (52)

iPhone 6

iOS 8.3

Today I received 2 phone calls from this number +1 (52). First missed call left a silent voicemail. Second one I answered but no one responded. In both cases as soon as I hung up or finished listening to the silence voicemail, my passcode window popped up. It would not recognize my Touch ID. I powered off my phone and powered it back up and used my passcode to login as usual. I have BLOCKED the number.

I know how the passcode and Touch ID work and this was very unusual. Never has my passcode window popped up once I have accessed my apps, logged in or after taking a call. I was logged into my phone both times. Very suspicious! AppleCare basically said that it was nothing to be concerned about and that I need to learn how to use better use my phone. I've had iPhones (5) since they first came out and now using an iPhone 6.

Anyone else experience this type of call and strange behavior of the passcode window?

Is this a new hacking attempt to access my phone?

Maybe it is nothing to worry about but better to check than not.

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 9:16 AM

2 replies

May 12, 2017 11:31 AM in response to Roger Crowley

Hi I just received a very similar call but it was +1 (81). I answered and nobody said anything and hung up after a second or two. Very strange and my phone has been acting up as well. Someone told me they could hear my voicemail during a phone conversation yesterday. I couldn't hear anything on my end but her but she could hear me and also my voicemail at the same time. I hung up and called her back and it was fine. I did notice my phone was on the voicemail screen after I hungup though.

Strange phone calls from +1 (52)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.