Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos bug?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileWell, here it says I have 279 photos but I only have 79, this is very weird, and there's an added concern to this issue, our school only allows us to have 100 photos/videos and if we go over, bad things happen, please help ASAP

iPad Mini, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 11:02 AM

10 replies

Apr 27, 2015 12:17 PM in response to CaptinSprinklez

A few people including myself have reported the same problem, the number of photos on the Aboout page was wrong. For me a later updated fixed the priblem.. If the school complains show them the the Photos app or this thread. The number of photos list on the About page is an erroneous reading and should be ignored. Believe me your not an idiot. If your having the problem you can be sure other people are having it too.

Apr 27, 2015 2:43 PM in response to CaptinSprinklez

Aloha Captain.

I was only on my second cup of coffee when I first answered and some more solutions came to mind.

First make some room on your iPad then install the DropBox app (link belowl). DropBox is a free cloud storage site. Once you upload your photos even if you delete all your photos from your iPad and delete the DropBox app your photos are still safe at the DropBox site. It's sort of like photo insurance.

Second make sure you have iCloud turned on and are making a automatic iCloud backup every night. Now should the school officials complain about the number of photos you have and don't believe you it's a erroneous reading hand them your iPad a say it's recommened the only thing that might help is to erase the iPad and restore from your iCloud backup. I'll bet they hand you your iPad right back.

Remember there are no hidden photos. If they're not in the Photos app they're not on your iPad.

Stay well. Bob.

Dropbox by Dropbox

https://appsto.re/us/63ZHt.i

Apr 27, 2015 4:24 PM in response to CaptinSprinklez

A couple things not mentioned ...

• Camera Roll is not always the true indicator of your photo count on your device either. If you're still using "My Photo Stream" (instead of the new "iCloud Photos" option) then your My Photo Stream on your device can continue to hold photos longer than the 30 day limit of the iCloud version of your Photo Stream. I suspect that any photos in your My Photo Stream that are older than 30 days count against your photo count, but those which are still in the cloud do not. I don't have proof of this, but there's no documentation to this level of detail that I can find, and the numbers simply don't add up otherwise.
  • Your Recently Deleted album may have photos too, but those do not seem to count towards the total storage of photos in the About screen, at least not in iOS 8.3.
  • There is/was an apparent bug where some users had photos somehow hidden from view. One of the threads around here suggests changing your date and time from automatic to manual, then manually turn back your date to mid-2014, then magically more photos show up in your Recently Deleted album. Deleting completely from your Recently Deleted album under these conditions, then going back to automatic date/time seems to correct the issue for some.

Photos bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.