Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used iWeb to make a small business webpage. I now need a mobile site. What is the best way to do that?

Some sites do it all for you but look terrible. They charge a monthly fee that may go up quickly. Others will sell you a hosting plan with a template but not how to link up to my page so viewers get redirected? Then I will have two separate hosting companies and will need to change all content twice.

Has anyone figured this out?

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 11:32 AM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2015 5:02 AM in response to JustinBean

It might end up being impossible for me to keep my website. Since I did it all myself with iWeb, and iWeb doesn't have a mobile option, either I build a new site with another tool then try and get it to redirect, or I am forced to dump iWeb and find a new program or service to provide me with both types of web pages.

If there were enough folks in this position, someone could write a patch and then we could buy it.

Apr 28, 2015 10:07 AM in response to JustinBean

The mobile option in iWeb is simply a smaller width of the page.

To redirect to such page, you have to use a javascript.

<script type="text/javascript">

// Change the number of the screen width to suit the desired screen.

if (screen.width <= 768) {

window.top.location.href = "http://www.domain.com/THE-PAGENAME-IT-SHOULD-DIRECT-TO.html";

}

</script>

Paste the code in a HTML Snippet and move it to the top of the page and then to the back (Command-Shift-B)

When a mobile device user arrives at your desktop size page, he will be redirect to the smaller page as defined in the script.

Apr 28, 2015 10:06 AM in response to JustinBean

You don't need to change web hosts or anything like that.

Nobody is going to bother writing a patch for iWeb now - it has not be sold or supported by Apple for at least the last 3 years and has not been updated for the last six years, so why anybody would want to write a patch for an unsupported product, goodness only knows.

Perhaps you should consider moving forward and ditching iWeb - if you go for a programme likeEverWeb, which is very like iWeb, then you can have a mobile version of your site too right from inside the application with no worries.

Check it out, it is very like iWeb in look and feel.

I used iWeb to make a small business webpage. I now need a mobile site. What is the best way to do that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.