Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download Aperture so I have the installer and full software if I need it later? I already have it installed and using.

Hi I am already running OS X 10.10.3 and Aperture. I've had Aperture for quite a while now..

If I upgrade to a new iMac later on down the road and what to reinstall Aperture again, what can I do? From the App Store, my open option is to OPEN the app. I want to download the full Aperture software, burn it to disc so I have it for later use if needed.. Can't locate any instructions on how or where to download the full installer and software. Has anyone done this? Thanks in advance! Dave

Aperture 3, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 9:37 AM

Don't delete it. You cannot re-download Aperture any longer. Keep it in your backups. There is no installer since Aperture is downloaded from the App Store and installed for you.

6 replies

Apr 27, 2015 4:37 PM in response to rojik.romesburg

If I upgrade to a new iMac later on down the road and what to reinstall Aperture again, what can I do?

IF the new Mac is registered to your account, you "should" be able to re-download it from the Apple Mac Store. But there are no guarantees. This is another disadvantage of downloaded software. This is why prefer my software on disk, that way I always know I still have it.

Apr 28, 2015 9:54 PM in response to Lanny

I assume Apple will not agree that Aperture will run on future OS's. Also eventually Time Machine backups are overwritten.

This isn't going to be easy. I have the exact same issue. I want to keep my thousands of photos in Aperture libraries and be able to access them in the future if need be.

This highlights the problem of trusting a company with your data.

Long Term Transition from Aperture

Apr 29, 2015 11:40 AM in response to Catsman

Catsman wrote:

I assume Apple will not agree that Aperture will run on future OS's. Also eventually Time Machine backups are overwritten.

This isn't going to be easy. I have the exact same issue. I want to keep my thousands of photos in Aperture libraries and be able to access them in the future if need be.

This highlights the problem of trusting a company with your data.

Long Term Transition from Aperture

Even without aperture your photos are still there in the aperture library, just got to it in finder and show package contents, there are lots of folders with one call masters, then its all folders of year / month / date with all your master in there.

Luckily I decided to use referenced flies for all my photos on an external drive, just as safe but a little easier to find for me.

How can I download Aperture so I have the installer and full software if I need it later? I already have it installed and using.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.