Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio on windows 8 wont work

So I have successfully installed windows 8 on my iMac and I am very happy with the results, everything is working perfectly fine except for one thing. I cant seem to get my audio to work. I installed windows 8 using a USB drive and when I booted my Mac I did something to do with EFI and that got the installation to work. After the installing all the provided drivers the only thing not working is the audio, please help!

iMac, Windows 8

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 12:01 PM

26 replies

Apr 27, 2015 12:06 PM in response to Bladeshard

On an iMac which is older than Late 2013 models, using the EFI method does not work. If you want a detailed explanation, I can provide it, but it is full of jargon and acronyms. The best method is to wipe the current installation after you save data (not applications that you need) and re-install using BC Assistant (only).

What year/model is your iMac?

Apr 27, 2015 12:47 PM in response to Bladeshard

Re-installation of OSX from Local Recovery will bring back your current OSX version, and leave your files untouched, provided the underlying disk partitions are intact. Internet Recovery will install the OS that originally came with the Mac, and then you have to upgrade to the current version via the App Store. What is your current OSX version?

Audio on windows 8 wont work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.