Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imovie 10.0.6, OS 10.10.1 Mac book Pro. I am showing 250 gigs in imovie, when i look at all the projects etc..it only adds up to 40gigs. Where are these video files?

I am showing that i have 250 gigs of storgae being used by movies. That being said, i only have 40 gigs in my imovie. There are no other movies on my desktop etc. Trash is empty. Is there a hidden backup? Where can they be. I am new to these forums, I am not a computer guy. I have only strated experiencing this since i updated my computer, after 5 years, recently. New Imovie, don't like it.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Cheers

bill

iMovie '11, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), where arre my movie files?

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 11:48 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2015 12:35 PM in response to whalenrocks

OTHER is a legitimate category and if you ran the re-index of Spotlight, that will reflect how the various files are defined by Yosemite.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202867

You can move folders around but personally I see no point in it. If I can find a specific file, that is what I deem to be important. That display has had a bug in it from the inception of Yosemite.

Ciao.

Imovie 10.0.6, OS 10.10.1 Mac book Pro. I am showing 250 gigs in imovie, when i look at all the projects etc..it only adds up to 40gigs. Where are these video files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.