Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12.2 Won't Sync Apps on Iphone 6+

New to ios and I'm having trouble getting itunes to sync all of the apps that are currently downloaded onto my iphone. In itunes it shows a list of apps (a few I downloaded the first day I got my phone) under "sort by date added, etc" but everytime I do a sync it it says "copying blah blah" but no additional apps are ever added to the list. I have about 25 apps that are on my phone but will not show in itunes. I don't have any music, movies, contacts, etc that I'm trying to sync. Also, I do have the box checked "automatically backup to this computer."

I was able to go under "purchases" and click download from there and it will show in the list, but that takes forever. There has to be another way that I'm missing. Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 11:48 AM

2 replies

Apr 28, 2015 2:19 PM in response to gwyatt79

unfortunately manual sync via usb from iTunes to iPhone is very hit and miss these days. things are very cloud orientated and sync has been somewhat neglected. I'm not sure if iTunes or iOS is too blame but certainly since iOS 8 it is worse and syncing music / apps has not been reliable. as frustrating as it is I would suggest downloading the apps directly to the iPhone via the app. I know it's slower and eats bandwidth but it's the best way at the moment to do it. You can send feedback to apple highlighting this problem (as I have done), maybe it will be addressed at some point if enough people report it. I suspect recent new features on iOS and things like the watch have been more priority and in the future bug fixes will be more prevalent

Itunes 12.2 Won't Sync Apps on Iphone 6+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.