Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch 3rd generation can´t install apps

I have a problem with apple.

I bought a Ipod touch of the 3rd generation and I can´t install any apps the problem is that my ipod said You need ios 6 to install this app.I bought them in 2010.

How can I fix this problem? I have ios 5.1.1.I would be okay that apple update my ipod to the version 8 of ios.

I think that is a case of programmed obsolescence.

I am very angry. I think that bought an ipod with only 5 years of use and then happens this. I find it amazing.

Regards

JhonnyGarcia

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1, null

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 11:57 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 2:21 PM in response to JhonnyGarcia

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities

Unfortunately that is the case with any kind of technology. Components get older and new software is designed to take advantage of current day technologies. The iPod touch 3rd generation is 6 years old which is a very long time in the age of technology. This may seem like a cop out answer but this iPod touch just could not handle current day software. Lets put it in perspective. If Apple updated that iPod touch to iOS 8.x then it would not have the power to handle even the simplest of operations. The iPod touch 3rd generation still works with iOS 5.x and allows you to use it as you did 6 years ago. Applications also get updated as well to support the newer technologies and with that they drop support for older hardware. Apps that had versions on the App Store that at some point in time supported your iPod, it will give you the option to install the older version. I am not saying Apple does not have planned obsolescence, what I am saying is that your iPod still functions because it does not use new software.

-Zeph

Ipod touch 3rd generation can´t install apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.