Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8 destroyed itself several times

Hi

Im using a Macbook Pro 15" Retina display late 2013 with intel Core I7 2,3GHz Quad Core and the Nvidia Gt750m Im running on OS X 10.10.3.

I installed Windows 8.1 Pro 3 times in the last 4 weeks and after a few days of perfect work it seemed to destroy itself. After a Restart I can't boot it and it says Windows has a problem to find a file or something like that it is this error Code :

0xC0000034 – File: \Boot\BCD

The Fast Boot feature was always disabled so this can't be the reason.

My question is if this happened to anyone of you in such short periods of time and if someone knows the reason for that or a solution that it won't happen again. I don't want to install Windows 8 all over again only to face the same problem in a few days. I don't think that the SSD ist pleased to be rewritten so often.

Thanks for your help and i'm sorry for my weird english hope you got what i mean

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:08 PM

6 replies

Apr 27, 2015 2:58 PM in response to Loner T

Thanks for your answer but its not the Problem that i didn't know how to repair it. I checked that myself before posting this. My point is i'm confused that it happened so often in the last 4 weeks. Windows isn't perfekt no System is but it shouldn't have the same issue that frequent i'm asking myself if this problem is may caused by bootcamp itself. Some kind of incompatibility with Windows 8. You mean it can be destroyed by just hooking up USB Drives? I can't believe i did that more frequent than any other user so that must be a huge issue.

The Disk utility says the Disk is fine. Or what do you mean by "Does OS X installation on the same disk show any disk corruption issues"?

Apr 27, 2015 3:46 PM in response to Ninotones

Bootcamp plays no role, once Windows is installed. It behaves like any other Windows machine. Unless there is a hardware issue with PCIe flash on your machine, this should not be happening at the frequency you see.

Do you see any corruption of data on the OSX side?

Next time you see this error, can you try to reset SMC - Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support and test?

Windows 8 destroyed itself several times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.