Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto Originals organizing

Since I can´t have all of my pictures in Iphoto, I have to keep them on an extern harddrive. But eventhough all of my pics are organized in events in Iphoto, those events are not shown in Iphoto library - Originals, and therefore I can´t keep my system, when saving the pics on my harddrive.

Is there a way to organize my pics in albums or the like in Iphoto, so that the photos will also appear in those albums in Iphoto library - Originals, and therefore also on my harddrive?

MacBook Pro, OS X version 10.9.5

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:41 PM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 2:08 PM in response to mepe22

I'm sorry your post is not at all clear.

Since I can´t have all of my pictures in Iphoto

Why not?

But eventhough all of my pics are organized in events in Iphoto, those events are not shown in Iphoto library - Originals, and therefore I can´t keep my system, when saving the pics on my harddrive.

Never directly access any images managed by iPhoto via any other method. There is also no need.

Apr 27, 2015 3:08 PM in response to mepe22

You seem to say two different things

a few basic rules

1 - you do not ever directly access the contents of the iPhoto library so how things are stored there is of no interest if you use iPhoto

2 - the iphoto storage will not match your personal scheme and in addition has changed several times in the past because it is only used by the application not by humans or other programs

3 - you most certainly can have all of your photos in the iPhoto library and your iPhoto library can be on your external drive as long as it is formatted Mac OS extended (journaled)

4 - if you want to use your own personal organization on your photos files then you can not use iPhoto (or Aperture or Photos)

LN

Iphoto Originals organizing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.