Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I migrate from a Samsung S4 to a iPhone 6plus?

How can I migrate from an Samsung S4 to an iPhone 6 plus?

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:02 PM

7 replies

Apr 27, 2015 1:08 PM in response to Deepseamdv

Hi Deepseamdv,

How do you mean migrate from an S4 to an 6 Plus? Do you mean simply stop using your S4 handset and purchase a 6 Plus? If so then yes you can do that. If you are on contract you will have to contact your network provider whom ever that maybe, if you are a Pay As You Go Tariff then you would either need to take out a contract or buy the 6 Plus handset outright. Prices can vary on the device so I would advise checking with your local retailer for the iPhone 6 Plus.

Encase you were wondering, if you are also asking about transferring data from your Samsung Device to you iPhone 6 Plus, you would either need to ask somebody in the store in which you purchase your device if they can do it or if your feeling confident, usually plugging your samsung device into your PC/Laptop/Mac and copying the files across then syncing them to your iPhone would usually do the trick.

Hope this helps in some way!

Rob

Apr 27, 2015 1:24 PM in response to Deepseamdv

Hello Mike,

Great! so what you should do is your phone contract or Pay As You Go? Again if it is contract you should talk to T-Mobile about upgrading. If you are able to upgrade this should lower the cost a fair amount. If you are happy to buy outright for you 6 Plus, give the old google a go and find your nearest Apple Retailer and order yourself the 6 Plus of your choice. I would advise to check to make sure your sim card would work in the phone before you buy, usually it will say if the device will work on all networks or only some. Going through T-Mobile they would get you one that would take your T-Mobile Sim.

With regards to the data transfer, as long as you have the USB cables for both devices it should be fine, with it being an android system, you'll have to go into the device and into the folders manually to copy your data. As soon as you plug in the phone it should pick up on your mac straight away and I believe it's under Media. Simply select all the folders you want to transfer, copy them to your Hard Drive it's probably best to import music to your iTunes as well, when you connect your 6 Plus, go through iTunes to sync your data, within iTunes it will give you the option to select what data you want to sync.

If you are signed in on your Mac using the same Apple ID as you are using on the 6 Plus, you should back up your photos and documents to iCloud. When you sign in to that same Apple ID on your iPhone, the data in your iCloud can then be downloaded onto the iPhone.

It may sound complicated but the device pretty much does most of the work, like I said if you get stuck go into your local T-Mobile store or Apple store and they will be able to assist you and show you physically how to do it. If you go through T-Mobile to get the 6 Plus they should be able to do the data transfer for you as well.

Hope this helps

Rob

Apr 27, 2015 1:33 PM in response to Rash-Fires

Thank you, you have been exceptionally helpful. It is on contract with T-Mobile but past experience has shown that it is best to have y own complete back-up rather than depend on the T-Mobile store. When I plugged the S4 into my Mac the phone said I needed to have Android File Transfer for Mac OS or Samsung "Kies". I'm in the process now of getting the software. I will have the store do the transfer but I'm going to have my own copy on the Mac Book Air as well.

Thank you again.

Mike

How can I migrate from a Samsung S4 to a iPhone 6plus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.