Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time capsule makes me redo a full update all the time

i have the last macbook they made..like the late 2011 model i think they call it and when i upgraded to Yosemite, it will say a lot that the back up failed and i have to erase the time capsule disk and do a full back up from start. do you think there is something wrong with the hdd in the tc? is there a way to do a hardware test on it. i can't find anything online about this. thanks for looking

Time Capsule -OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:19 PM

6 replies

Apr 27, 2015 3:03 PM in response to chadfromfall river

If you have seen that message more than 2-3 times, it is highly likely that the hard drive is physically damaged.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to test it, and if it is damaged....which is highly likely....no way to repair it.

You would have to pull the drive from the Time Capsule, place it in a special USB to SATA converter, and run Disk Utility to take a look at the drive. A lot of work....and probably not worth the time and effort.

Best bet is to replace the Time Capsule or buy another hard drive and connect it directly to your Mac.

time capsule makes me redo a full update all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.