Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inherited an ipad 2 and do not have the iTunes password. Can I get the ipad reset?

The ipad was my moms and she passed away. I know her itunes password was rarely used as she had the same few apps on there for years. I want to reset it and give it to my grandkids. Everything I am reading tells me that apple will not help without the password. Is that true? Is there anything I can show, like death certificate or receipt (if I can get a copy) for the ipad when I bought it for her?

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 5:32 PM

I think that you are talking about the iCloud password that you will need in order to be able to erase the device and start all over again. If you have the original bill of sale/receipt and her death certificate, make an appointment at an Apple Store and they should be able to help.

I'm sorry for your loss.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 5:32 PM in response to burroughs61

I think that you are talking about the iCloud password that you will need in order to be able to erase the device and start all over again. If you have the original bill of sale/receipt and her death certificate, make an appointment at an Apple Store and they should be able to help.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Inherited an ipad 2 and do not have the iTunes password. Can I get the ipad reset?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.