Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I plugged my iPod into iTunes as it was updating, and I ran into some trouble. Please Help!!

When my iPod restarted after the iTunes update. Everything I had done past January was deleted, or a lot of stuff I had deleted was brought back. Can I restore it back? Or is it stuck like this? I have a lot of videos and pictures that were on there.

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:16 PM

All you can do is try restoring from backup

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 2:16 PM in response to Dmollyg

All you can do is try restoring from backup

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

I plugged my iPod into iTunes as it was updating, and I ran into some trouble. Please Help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.