Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gestures on magic mouse not working

OS X 10.10.3

My Magic mouse works for a while and then the gestures stop working. I have 2 mice and it's both of them so it's not a mouse problem. I have an iMac retina

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:08 PM

10 replies

Apr 27, 2015 5:19 PM in response to D0ug55

D0ug55 wrote:

OS X 10.10.3

I have 2 mice and it's both of them so it's not a mouse problem. I have an iMac retina

Don't be to sure about that. Are you using a wired or wireless mouse? Have you checked your mouse settings in System Preferences?

Repaired permissions and restarted your computer?

Dirty Mouse? Check out An Easy Fix for a Magic Mouse Tracking Problem

Set up a test account. See if the mouse works there. This is to rule out a system wide problem.

After ruling out the above, you may have no other choice but to contact tech support. You will not be charged. Also, since you have a desktop and you are still under the standard warranty, you may qualify for a tech support rep to come to your home.

User uploaded file

Apr 28, 2015 3:24 AM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

Thanks for the solutions. I checked the article that you suggested but it seems to be about tracking which isn't a problem for me, although I did learn something about the battery terminals which is a problem that I'm having with one of the mice.

I have checked the mouse settings, and even checked them all, restarted, and rechecked them and then restarted again. No luck.

Yes I have tried repairing permissions.

I am using wireless mice, my only wired mouse is an older one with a button which doesn't use gestures.

Apr 28, 2015 11:47 AM in response to D0ug55

D0ug55 wrote:

I also have a track pad which I just connected to try and I find that I have the same problem with it as I do with the mice.

I am using wireless mice

In view of the above, I have notified a HOST to transfer this whole thread to the Magic Mouse and Trackpad forums. The knowledgeable users in that forum area should be able to help you out.

User uploaded file

Apr 28, 2015 12:20 PM in response to D0ug55

You're welcome. Sorry I can't help you any further. However I do have a suggestion........

I have had nothing but problems with this iMac since I got it last fall. Spontaneous reboots, monitors disappearing, hard drive failure, now mouse and track pad issues.

You had 14 days from the date of purchase to return the iMac w/no questions asked. Until you get responses to your post I strongly suggest that you call Apple Customer Relations - 1-800-275-2273. Ask politely & firmly that you want to be transferred to Customer Relations. Tell them exactly what you stated in your post. See what they can do for you!

GOOD LUCK!

User uploaded file

Gestures on magic mouse not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.