Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change ownership of an iPad?

Hi guys, help me save an iPad !!

This is a tough one because I do not have access to the previous owner's ID password. Talking about a 4th gen iPad, 32GB, iOS 8.3 with a badly shattered front glass. My 5-year old grandson did this. Done this sort of work before (old MacBook, inverter board), so I got the parts and instructions from ifixit.com and ready get to work on replacing the glass. But ...., I needed to make sure we can use it fully. It kept asking for the ID password. I have already erased it with restore/iTunes connection after trying the other fixes in the book.. Of course, now I need the ID pw to activate it. It's unusable now.

This is a divorce situation in a family member. Go figure. We are trying to get her to give us the pw or, remove the iPad from her "list of devices" in her iCloud account as specified by Apple instructions. She has refused to help with this, though the iPad is her son's which I got for him for Christmas sometime ago. We are still trying to get her cooperation on this.

OK, that's the sad story of a good, but dead, iPad.

??? Question: Is there any way to change ownership of this iPad without its ID pw ??? Well, I said it was a tough one !

Hope and Thanks, Mark

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:14 PM

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities

Unfortunately it is impossible to change ownership of this device without having access to the previous owner's account.

2 replies

How do I change ownership of an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.