Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not have photos of my contacts in my iphone but when I use the app switcher with the new IOS 8, it shows a photo of the most recent contacts, where does the photo of that contact come from? Thanks

I do not have photos of my contacts in my iphone but when I use the app switcher with the new IOS 8, it shows a photo of the most recent contacts, where does the photo of that contact come from? Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:20 PM

5 replies

Apr 27, 2015 4:27 PM in response to deanie1316

Maybe I was unclear... probably! You could think of them as the Contacts 'AVATARS'

Your My Info Card is created by You and could contain a photo of yourself of your choosing - then shared with whomever you message with

The other side of the conversation ...

They have also very likely created their own My Info Card which they share with you when communicating. ( thus creating their 'avatar' )

You would also see these photos in a chat window.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.