Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove adobe flash re-install reminders on web pages

I have removed Adobe flash on my computer, but I get reminders on web pages that try to get me to get Adobe flash again. I want to stop getting these reminders, as it prevents watching the movie clips without reinstalling flash. How can I stop them?

I don't want to install Adobe flash again, I don't like it.

I have Safari 8.0.5 on OS X 10.10.3

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:23 PM

10 replies

Apr 28, 2015 7:27 AM in response to Lyonhair

Lyonhair wrote:

No it didn't work. I still get the install flash to view content on the BBC News website. Thanks anyway.

Not to quibble but ClicktoFlash works. But as QuickTimeKirkwrote BBC appears to use Flash only for their video.

As the name indicates, ClicktoFlash means you have to "Click" to view the site in Flash (assuming you installed Flash).

You can obviously read all the BBC material you want - just don't click where you see the click

User uploaded file

Apr 28, 2015 12:25 PM in response to Sparkleberry

Yes, I have used click to flash before so I am aware.

Also, the BBC don't use Flash, its just poor coding on their webpages that allow the Flash script to block HTML5 players with that annoying message.

There is a way to do this, but Adobe are struggling to keep Flash relevant. I think I might have to reinstall my OS, and delete the Flash files in the hidden directories. This is why you should never install Flash. It's definitely not something I will be using again.

How do I remove adobe flash re-install reminders on web pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.