Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mysterious folders

these showed up in disc utility as 'decrypted disc image' what are they ? should I be concernedUser uploaded filed

Mac OS X (10.6.8), Mac Pro 10.6.8

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 12:55 PM

7 replies

Apr 27, 2015 2:09 PM in response to Kurt Lang

thanks Kurt, I wouldn't have noticed them at all except disc utility showed the folder as a disc image and descibed it as a 'decrypted disc image'. That;s the first time disc utility displayed something like this so I was on my guard that I'd inadvertently downloaded something odious. I understand that there are many 'invisible' files in the system but the disc image description concerned me.

Apr 27, 2015 2:23 PM in response to peter stephen

The item you see in Disk Utility is commonly left behind by the Flash Player installer. It would be nice if Adobe used a more descriptive name. You can right click on the .dmg file name listed in DU and choose Reveal in Finder. Typically, there isn't actually any such file on the drive anymore (the installation has been completed), and it will lead nowhere. The name then usually removes itself from the list.

May 1, 2015 7:09 AM in response to peter stephen

It's a bit tedious, so I created links on the web bar for every forum heading I typically go to.

For your posts, click the Content button towards the top right of any page. Then click Participated at the left. Lastly, click Discussions at the right side of the bar that goes above the list of topics.

Any topics you have posted to will appear in the list and will be listed by date, newest first. Any topics with new content will appear with bold text. If you started a topic and there have been no responses yet, then to see those, you would click Authored at the left instead of Participated, then the Discussions link.

mysterious folders

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.