Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faces in Photos using iCloud Photo Library

I just recently turned on iCloud Photo Library, and I was wondering if there is functionality I'm not seeing regarding Faces:

--Is there a listing of different Faces so that I can see who I've got already listed? In Photos for OS X, like iPhoto (and I assume Aperture) before it, there is a list of Faces I can select. I see that I can do a search for "John Doe" and if John Doe is a face it is one of the search options (interestingly, the search results give what appear to be wrong total numbers, though I figured out why and that is a topic for a different discussion). But I would like to just see a list of the Faces I've already got. Does this exist on iOS?

--Is there an interface for identifying Faces like I might do in OS X? I am excited for iCloud Photo Library because I can move some photo tasks away from my computer and onto my iPad to do when I feel like it...but this is a task I spend a lot of time on. Is it possible on my iPad?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Apr 2008 (model 8,1), 4GB RAM

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 12:32 PM

7 replies

May 12, 2015 10:31 AM in response to renefrombc

Now that I have installed PHOTOS on my Mac (with OS X 10.10.3) and turned on the iCloud Photo Library (both in Mac and in iPad iOS 8.3), I can't seem to access the FACES grouping on the iPad just like I can on the Mac. I would expect to find it among the smart albums where panoramas and videos are found, but it's just not there. Perhaps FACES was never designed to reside on mobile devices like the iPad, but I sure would like to access it from my iPad.

May 12, 2015 12:16 PM in response to renefrombc

Excuse me, but your suggestion to use the magnifying glass is the answer I am looking for. If I start in "years", "collections", or "moments" and highlight a picture of the person I am looking for, then use the search tool to identify that person, there will be a popup which includes (among other options) that same person as a FACE which takes me to the same set of photos that I get using the Faces Smart Album in OS X. Very clever indeed, but obscure for sure! Thank you for the tip.

Faces in Photos using iCloud Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.