Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Remove Updates from App Store (IOS)

How can I remove unnecessary updates from the AppStore in IoOS 8.3 iPad 2. I don't need all updates and are annoying to have them waiting to be installed. I did remove the badge icon but now I've to check all the time for an update I want to install. Is there a way to do this?

thanks, Alex

iPad 2, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 3:51 PM

The only way to get rid of the updates is to do the updates. Developers release updates for a reason. Why do you think they're unnecessary?

8 replies

Apr 27, 2015 6:51 PM in response to CHAPPY 8005

iOS 8.3, which includes the Apple Watch app, takes up less space than the previous version. However, system updates are not seen in the Updates section of the App Store. There is no need to keep checking for an iOS update. They don't come out that often. There will also never be a version that doesn't have the Apple Watch app.

If you're talking about updates to apps which you'd see in the App Store app, again, the only way to remove an app from the lists of apps with an update is to date it.

Apr 27, 2015 7:10 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

YYou know, I just was looking for an answer from a person with knowledge but instead I got nothing. I just wanted an answer, how do I remove an update from the App Store that I don't wish to install, that's all. I wasn't expected these responses, thanks anyway,, I'm going to try no to ask again within the community, I'll go instead to the web, I might get an straight answer.. Please no response again, I'll try to delete this question.

Apr 27, 2015 7:26 PM in response to CHAPPY 8005

CHAPPY 8005 wrote:

YYou know, I just was looking for an answer from a person with knowledge but instead I got nothing. I just wanted an answer, how do I remove an update from the App Store that I don't wish to install, that's all. I wasn't expected these responses, thanks anyway,, I'm going to try no to ask again within the community, I'll go instead to the web, I might get an straight answer.. Please no response again, I'll try to delete this question.

I have given you an answer twice: you can't do that. The only way to remove an app from the list of updates in the App Store is to accept the update.

How to Remove Updates from App Store (IOS)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.