Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i am collecting photos from family members in digital form. is there an easy way to receive 10 or 20?

i am preparing a slide show and should be receiving photos from various family members. what is the best way to collect those. i know e-mail has limits on space. is there a solution with iCloud?

MacBook Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:32 PM

3 replies

Apr 27, 2015 3:14 PM in response to drg of seabrook island

It is called Mail Drop

Send large attachments using Mail Drop

You can use Mail Drop to send files that exceed the maximum size allowed by the provider of your email account. Mail Drop uploads the large attachments to iCloud, where they’re encrypted and stored for up to 30 days.

• If you have an iCloud account and you’re signed in to iCloud when you click Send, Mail automatically sends the attachments using Mail Drop. Mail Drop attachments don’t count against your iCloud storage.
  • If you don’t have an iCloud account, or if you’re not signed in, Mail asks you whether to use Mail Drop (select “Don’t ask again for this account” to always use Mail Drop).

If a recipient uses Mail in OS X Yosemite, the attachments are automatically downloaded and included in your message just like any other attachment. For other recipients, your message includes links for downloading the attachments and their expiration date.

You can turn Mail Drop on or off for an account. Choose Mail > Preferences, click Accounts, select your account, click Advanced, then select or deselect “Send large attachments with Mail Drop.”

LN

i am collecting photos from family members in digital form. is there an easy way to receive 10 or 20?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.