Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Music Folder Songs not showing up in iTunes

I have an old MacBook with iTunes 11.4. It is now showing in iTunes only my Cloud Music. In iTunes, it does not show my "iTunes Music" folder songs, which are still there on my HD. How do I get iTunes to "read" my music from my iTunes Music folder instead of or along with my Cloud purchases? Thanks!

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:08 PM

Just found at least one solution. Do this:

In iTunes, go to the iTunes Store (in 11.4, it's in the left sidebar). On the near-top of the iTunes-Store window, on the left side, click on your account sign-in button (probably your e-mail address or Apple ID is showing). Scroll down to select "Sign Out." Once you've signed out, it forces iTunes to use your hard-drive's iTunes Music folder instead of the Cloud, because you're no longer signed into the Cloud. This isn't a perfect solution, but I think (think!) your Cloud purchases will probably be downloaded already to your hard-drive's iTunes Music folder, so as you use iTunes while signed out, you'll still have all your music.

By the way, if you don't know what I mean by your "iTunes Music" folder, it's where all the songs on your computer (it's hard drive) are stored. To get to it, it's: HD/Users/[your home folder--the one with the house]/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music. If you navigate to here, you'll see that all your music is still there, organized by folders with the artists' names as the titles of the folders.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 2:08 PM in response to atobteam

Just found at least one solution. Do this:

In iTunes, go to the iTunes Store (in 11.4, it's in the left sidebar). On the near-top of the iTunes-Store window, on the left side, click on your account sign-in button (probably your e-mail address or Apple ID is showing). Scroll down to select "Sign Out." Once you've signed out, it forces iTunes to use your hard-drive's iTunes Music folder instead of the Cloud, because you're no longer signed into the Cloud. This isn't a perfect solution, but I think (think!) your Cloud purchases will probably be downloaded already to your hard-drive's iTunes Music folder, so as you use iTunes while signed out, you'll still have all your music.

By the way, if you don't know what I mean by your "iTunes Music" folder, it's where all the songs on your computer (it's hard drive) are stored. To get to it, it's: HD/Users/[your home folder--the one with the house]/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music. If you navigate to here, you'll see that all your music is still there, organized by folders with the artists' names as the titles of the folders.

iTunes Music Folder Songs not showing up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.