Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update to 10.2 (all 50p) clips are black..:(

I just opened a 2013 fcpx project to find a lot of the red sections in the timeline

as seen in the image. that is just horrible.

the clips are still in the browser and look like this in the browser:

User uploaded file

as you can see, not all clips are affected. having a closer look, it seems that 25p clips are

still there and fine, and the affected ones are the ones filmed in 50p.

All clips were filmed with the Panasonic GH3, as said, the affected ones in 1080p50,

all h264 and usually fcpx just works great using GH3 footage.

The quick fix in this panic situation was to transcode to pro res, but this almost blew up my ssd...:(

Any idea or help how to fix this? i also still have a documentary film project with tons of 50p

material which i can t transcode entirely just to skim through...

Please help, I hope there s a fix for this problem

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 2:36 PM

7 replies

Apr 27, 2015 3:59 PM in response to ducken

As Tom said, your situation seems unique, because most Panasonic users are having trouble with 25p and 30p footage. Then again, I think you're the first GH3 user to chime in, so please use feedback to report your issues to Apple.

Here's a doc from Apple Support regarding the 25p and 30p footage (might still be relevant to you):

Resolving Black Frames Issues with Panasonic AVCHD and Final Cut Pro X 10.2 - Apple Support

Apr 27, 2015 4:39 PM in response to DeeJay SchmeeJay

I allready reported the situation to apple.

the support doc (which doesn t apply because the files are not avchd but mov and it s no mac pro)

sounds more than frustrating. basically they say that one should not record in 50p, and downgrade

to the older fcpx..

hope that they ll fix it soon. can t really get how they push out such a big update without checking

some really common file formats with it. I guess the NAB brought them in a hurry.

For proffesional use, like in this job i have to finish now, it s a dissapointment.

After update to 10.2 (all 50p) clips are black..:(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.